[UDUNITS #DZN-915727]: installing udunits

Kartika,

> I need to install udunit to convert NOAA netcdf data to grads data.
> I have downloaded udunits-2-1-7 to my PC, but when I followed the
> short/long instruction, it didn't work due to invalid variable name of
> prefix, disable-shared .

I'm afraid that I don't understand the reason the installation didn't work.
I'll need more information.

Would you please do the following:

1. Go to the top-level source-directory.

2. Execute the command "make distclean".

3. Execute the command "./configure".  Redirect the standard output and
standard error streams to the file "configure.log" and send me that file.

4. Send me the file "config.log", which was also created in the previous step.

5. Execute the command "make".  Redirect the standard output and standard error
streams to the file "make.log" and send me that file.

> Could you give advice how to download this software so that I can get
> the directories (e.g. bin, lib, etc) under udunits ?
> My PC's OS is Debian Linux 5.0
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Kartika