[UDUNITS #PPU-703715]: bug when linking to libudunits2.1.13 + solution

Jisk,

> The best solution would be to make expat a dependency, and always use
> the system installed one. However,
>
> * the current manual says to 'link using -ludunits' and doesn't mention
> expat anywhere so it then needs to be updated
> * the 'udunits2' commandline program is statically linked to the expat
> program that comes with udunits. so this would have to be changed, too.
>

> The easiest solution (ie. least amount work) is the one i proposed, but
> i cant judge the security issues (probably not an issue?).

I'm about to release a new distribution that will check for the existence of an
Expat library on the host system and only build (and install) the Expat library
that comes with the UDUNITS-2 package if one doesn't already exist.

I've also documented that "-lexpat" will be necessary for linking.

Thanks for sending this in.

> regards,
>
> jisk

Regards,