[UDUNITS #QQU-811431]: Requesting new units

Ken,

> Yes, we are using netCDF3 with many of the CF conventions.

In that case, I see two other options, either of which might be better than
adding "unitless" and "sccm" to the official units database: 1) create a new
view of the netCDF files with the correct units via the netCDF translation
language (whose name, unfortunately, escapes me at the moment); and 2) add
those units to your own copy of the database (the database comprises multiple
XML files and is editable).

I've CC'ed someone who knows about creating new views. Hopefully, they'll
respond.

> Ken
>
> Kenneth E. Kehoe
> Research Associate
> ARM Climate Research Facility Data Quality Office
>
> Office: 303-497-4754
> Cell: xxx-xxx-xxx

Regards,
Steve Emmerson