Re: XGKS under linux

Zheng-Yu,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Steve,
> the problem now occured in xgks supported to fortran.
> Following are the log files.
> Thanks,
> Zhengyu Jiang
> --------------------
> # config.status
> --------------------

I didn't need to see config.status.

> ----------------------------
> ## configure.log
> ----------------------------
> ---------------------------------
> ### make.log
> --------------------------------
> making `all' in directory /home/snow/zhengyu/xgks-2.5.5/src/fortran
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/snow/zhengyu/xgks-2.5.5/src/fortran'
> Makefile:326: warning: overriding commands for target
> `/home/snow/zhengyu/include'
> Makefile:323: warning: ignoring old commands for target
> `/home/snow/zhengyu/include'
> Makefile:355: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/snow/zhengyu/etc'
> Makefile:352: warning: ignoring old commands for target
> `/home/snow/zhengyu/etc'
> Makefile:391: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/snow/zhengyu/man'
> Makefile:386: warning: ignoring old commands for target
> `/home/snow/zhengyu/man'
> /home/snow/zhengyu/xgks-2.5.5/port/fortc/fortc -O linux control.fc >
> control.c \
>     || (rm -f control.c; exit 1)
> m4: /home/snow/zhengyu/xgks-2.5.5/port/fortc/linux.m4: No such file or
> directory
> cc -O -c -I../../port -I../lib -I/usr/include -DOS_linux -DNDEBUG -O control.c

The problem is that the XGKS distribution doesn't contain the file
"xgks-2.5.5/port/fortc/linux.m4", which is necessary in order to build
the Fortran XGKS interface.

Try the following:

    1.  Move the enclosed file at the end of this reply to
        home/snow/zhengyu/xgks-2.5.5/port/fortc/linux.m4

    2.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    3.  Execute the command "make".  Redirect standard output and
        standard error to the file "make.log".  If an error occurs in
        the output, then stop and send me the file "make.log".

--------

--------Begin linux.m4
divert(-1)

# Name of system platform (for use in comments)
define(`M4__SYSTEM', Linux)

# transformation from fortran name to name of C module
define(`NAMEF',`$1_')   # for Sun and most unixes, just append an underscore

# transformation from string name to corresponding argument name
define(`STRINGF',`$1')

# extra arguments, if any, for string length
define(`STRINGX',`, $1len')  # one extra stringlen parameter

# declaration to be used for argument name descriptor
define(`STRINGD',`
    char        *$1;    `$2'
    int         $1`'`len';') # declare argument string with extra stringlen
parameter

# declarations and initializations of canonical local variables
define(`STRINGL',`')

# C integral type equivalent to a FORTRAN INTEGER
define(`F_INTEGER',`int')

# FORTRAN declaration for a long integer (e.g. integer*4 for Microsoft)
define(`LONG_INT',`integer')

# FORTRAN declaration for a short integer (e.g. integer*2)
define(`SHORT_INT',`integer*2')

# FORTRAN declaration for an integer byte (e.g. integer*1 or byte)
define(`BYTE_INT',`byte')

# FORTRAN declaration for single precision
define(`SINGLE_PRECISION',`real')

# FORTRAN declaration for double precision (e.g. real for a Cray)
define(`DOUBLE_PRECISION',`double precision')

divert(0)dnl