From: awips2-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:awips2-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Neil Smith
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:15 PM
To: awips2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [awips2-users] can't connect CAVE to EDEX

CAVE standalone can't connect to EDEX standalone.
Error from Connectivity Preferences is:

  Unable to connect to localization server
  Unable to validate localization preferences, please enter valid options or
quit the application.

Have installed localization OAX.
Input preferences are
  Localization Server: http://cori2.met.tamu.edu:9581/services
  Site: OAX
  Alert Server: tcp://cori2.met.tamu.edu:61998

ie., the default with 'localhos' replaced with hostname (or IP) of the EDEX
server.

EDEX is on centos 6.5 x86_64 with firewall and selinux disabled.

Same for CAVE client in VMWare VM on other hardware. So client has NAT'd IP
address not accessible.

Where should I start for diagnosing this connection failure?

-Neil

---
Neil Smith  neils@xxxxxxxx<mailto:neils@xxxxxxxx>   979.845.6272
Senior IT Professional, Atmospheric Sciences, TAMU

________________________________
The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use of
the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged and sensitive. If you are not the intended recipient, or otherwise
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately
by email at the above referenced address and note that any further
prohibited.

The U.S. Export Control Laws regulate the export and re-export of technology
originating in the United States. This includes the electronic transmission of
information and software to foreign countries and to certain foreign nationals.
Recipient agrees to abide by these laws and their regulations -- including the
U.S. Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations and the U.S.
Department of State International Traffic in Arms Regulations -- and not to
transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content derived from
this email to either a foreign national or a foreign destination in violation
of such laws.
  • Search the awips2-users archives: