Re: [awips2-users] can't connect CAVE to EDEX

Thanks Erik.
I've changed the Alert server to localhost; started AlertViz (manually) first;
still same error.

I've confirmed firewall is turned off at the EDEX server, the CAVE OS, which is
a VM, and the host OS for the VM host.

Must be something else.

What talks to the CAVE client and where is its log?

Also, is there a way for my CAVE client to connect to someone's properly
running EDEX server so I can test the client on our hardware?

-Neil

---
Neil Smith  neils@xxxxxxxx   979.845.6272
Senior IT Professional, Atmospheric Sciences, TAMU

On Jun 12, 2014, at 2:53 PM, "Magnuson.Erik" <Magnuson.Erik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For one, ‘Alert server’ should be ‘localhost’ or the name of the CAVE machine
> (i.e. that’s the connection between CAVE and Alertviz.) It’s possible to run
> AlertViz on a separate host from CAVE but I can’t think of a good reason to
> (other than it’s annoying.)
>
> I assume you started Alertviz manually or it started on login?  AlertViz must
> be running for CAVE to start.  I prefer to turn off automatically starting
> AlertViz on login (in session preferences) and start it manually.
>
> The other way this error can happen is if there is any firewalling blocking
> ports 9581 (EDEX request) or 9582 (Pypies.)
>
> --
> Erik Magnuson, ENSCO Inc.

  • Search the awips2-users archives: