Re: [cf-satellite] cf-satellite prototype beta

Hi John...

> 2) the question of having to include calculated lat/lons has also been
> discussed many times. I have advocated making these optional, but my opinion
> has not prevailed (yet).  The Netcdf-Java software does not require them as
> long as a projection (grid_mapping) is specified. Other software may not
> know how to deal with the projections, so thats the argument for including.

I agree with this -- there is no need to have both.  The key thing is
that the application have a library-supplied way to navigate the
pixels -- for current MSG and upcoming GOES-R, the projections are
"fixed", so it would make sense to only define a projection for this
and not supply lat/lon values for each pixel.

tom

--
Tom Whittaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison