Re: [galeon] Fwd: CDM feature and point types docs

Hi Simon, excellent.

I've been feeling and expressing this same idea. Feature of Interest should be an earth realm or a name place from a gazetteer, where we could infer the earth realm. Should not be a geometry, as Ron said.

But, my feeling is that when a domain scientists refer to a type of data ( trajectory, station, profile .. ) they are really referring to characteristics of the observing procedure ( in this case .. the constraint behavior of a sensor or platform ) which is confused sometimes with the feature of interest.

-Luis