Re: [galeon] WCS CF-netCDF profile document

OK,  I think I see the concern now.  But, to be blunt,
that perspective misses the point.
The idea is that, with CF-netCDF as a WCS extension standard, any group that
wants access to our FES (or metocean) data will have a standard,
carefully-defined interface through which to access that data.  The fact
that it won't be part of the core is irrelevant.

To emphasize the point, I'll call your attention to the fact that no
encoding formats will be part of the WCS core.  They will all be extensions.
 It really does make sense -- in a very practical way.

-- Ben

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Roy Mendelssohn