Re: VISIBLE IMAGERY

Hi Ryan,

I appreciate the vote of confidence by Gerry :) hehe, lets see about your troubles...

I am running GEMPAK at home. Is there anywhere to ftp or wget 1km visible imagery every 15 minutes for GOES12?

You probably want to look at one of the many university web servers that serve out their data directory. Here are a couple that I know about:

http://thunder.storm.uni.edu/
http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/data1/
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/unidata/index.html
http://metfs1.agron.iastate.edu/data/

Also, I'm having trouble making radar mosaics from individual site radars I download from NWS. If anyone has the infrastructure in place, I could use some help. Thanks a lot,

What are you looking to do? I generate these out every 5 minutes for n0r. You can get the images here:

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/data/gis/images/4326/USCOMP/

or via my GIS Web Map Service here:

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/wms/comprad.php?

Gerry has similiar products too, if you are interested...

I suspect your problem is that the files you have are not in the place that GEMPAK expects them to be. How are you organizing your RADAR data files?

HTH,
  daryl

--
/**