Re: [idvdevelopers] subsetting METAR data display area

Hi all,

I am kinda new to IDV and have some questions about subsetting METAR data.

1. Assuming we are using netCDF METAR, how does the end user subset on the
local client(sequence of actions)? Is the subsetting possible if IDV was
invoked through Java WebStart?

2. After the user is done subsetting, if she saves the bundle file, is the
subsetting info (latitude and longitude parameters) stored in .xidv file? If
so what Java Class and attributes? We are thinking of parsing a template
.xidv file (generated after subsetting), replacing the data source, lat/long
info then pass this file as a parameter (-bundle) to jnlp. This jnlp will
invoke IDV on client's machine. We hope that the subsetting will happen
automatically this way without user intervention.

3. We also want the IDV to load data with preconfigured parameters like
temperature, pressure. Again we think that we can achieve this with the
above approach of modifying the bundle file with these parameters. Do you
think this is the best way to go?

Sorry for the deluge of questions. As I said I am new to IDV and couldn't
find much documentation on this stuff. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Nilesh.