Re: [idvdevelopers] New test release of Image Chooser and PR

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014, Brian Mapes wrote:

> Hello IDVers.
>
> My opinion on PR naming needs a point of clarification about
> what it is exactly.
>
> Is it ONLY an option active during the Create Display moment?
> And ONLY if Match Display Region is selected
> (not Use Default Region) in the Field Selector?
> [cid:8A308110-42A1-4797-B3EC-D0F3C9035454@gateway.2wire.net]
>
> I thought so, and that seems safe and useful, a modest addition.
> Maybe that would be called "display-matching subsetting" or something.
> The display at a given resolution, once created, would remain. You can
> Create another if you want more detail in some sub-area, or a broader
> subsampled view over a wider area.
>

> ---
> But I just discovered that PR can jump into action during a Projections -->
> Use Displayed Area change.  I just meant to redefine the "Home"
> icon to be my zoomed-in area, as the last finishing touch on a bundle.
> [cid:221090A0-5D17-4319-BA3A-44CECB9006FD@gateway.2wire.net]
>
> Instead, PR actually overrode spatial subsetting limits I had put on my
> datasets,
> causing a too-large data read (much larger than the displayed area at that
> moment, actually... I was trying to redefine Home view as a zoomed-in area,
> but first the zoom jumped out wide, then the data reading over that wide area
> began).
> Match Display Area was unchecked in my (GFS and point data)
> dataset's Spatial Subset -- I had typed in lat/lon bounds manually.

Brain,
     I forgot to mention one important feature which addresses the concern
you have here.

     After loaded the data and created the displays, you can turn off the
PR in the view window by uncheck the Projections > Use Pregressive
Disclosure. Now, it is safe to do all kinds of operation in this view
window, even the RBB.

The purpose of bounding the Projection and resampling data is to allow an
existing bundle to be used in different area. For example, Don't bundle of
boulder
weather can be used to display the weather of Miami esaily.

Yuan