RE: Starting LDM for first time - correction

Thanks to all who have offered help, there are a few recent things I need to
try but am not at my linux machine right now, but getting close to solving the
problems I think. Seems it has a lot to do with my env variables.

Right now, I believe I have everything set corectly in the bashrc file, with
path pointing to /home/ldm/bin and ldmhome to /home/ldm

Something I just realized, my home/ldm/bin and other /home/ldm directory links
seem to be broken, I created them following the unidata preinstall directions
and typing:

cd ~ldm
       % ln -s runtime/bin bin
       % ln -s runtime/man man
       % ln -s runtime/src src
       % ln -s runtime/lib lib
       % ln -s runtime/include include

But those commands don't seem to make much sense, it would seem that all those
directories should point to /home/ldm/ldm-5.2.binary/ correct? So to set those
links would I type:

ln -s runtime/bin /home/ldm/ldm-5.2.binary

from the ~ldm directoy?

Thanks again for all the help and patience!

Matt

  • Search the ldm-users archives: