Re: Data request - RUC (any/all output grids) April 16-19, 2003

  • To: Chris Herbster <herbstec@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Data request - RUC (any/all output grids) April 16-19, 2003
  • From: "Glenn Rutledge" <Glenn.Rutledge@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:23:22 -0400
Chris-
NCDC has an archive of RUC and RUCII runs as transmitted on the NOAAPort. Under the pilot project led by NCDC, the NOAA Operational Model Archive and Distribution System (NOMADS), data can be retrieved several ways- directly from a GrADS-DODS client or any DODS-enabled client (MatLab, IDV, IDL, Ferret, etc.). NOMADS info, data access via the GDS (under "Data Availability") can be found at: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/nomads/nomads.html

The major capability using these technologies is that the user can request subsets, in time and space of selected models. Other data sets now avbl are GFS and Eta. The GDS Next up are Ocean, Reanalysis, and Climate Models. The period of record currently extends back to April 2002. Soon we will have models back to 1999.

We also have developed- along with NCEP, a browse, plot and ftp capability that is very near completion (it's done, but the final steps for public access are still being finalized). Feedback is welcome on any of the above. If you want ftp type access let me know what you want (exactly) and I can generate the request internally and place on our anonymous server. Glenn Rutledge- NOMADS PI.

Chris Herbster wrote:

If anyone happens to have the RUC output from April 16-19, 2003 I would greatly appreciate access to it. We thought that we had saved everything from this period but realized that the retention period is shorter for that model on our systems.

Any flavor (file format) is better than none, but grib would give use the most flexibility if anyone has that.

Thanks to those of you that might help and "Hi" to those that I know.  (-:

Cheers,

Chris Herbster

Dr. Christopher G. Herbster
Assistant Professor