Re: CRAFT data hardware

David-

David Wojtowicz wrote:

I think it'd be great if GEMPAK had the decompress built in.  Does IDV
handle the compressed files?  The problem is the uncompressing does take up
a huge amount of disk space, and is extremely CPU intensive,  so you're
doing all this work on data, that you probably are only going to look at 1%
of.

As Chiz noted, IDV handles the uncompressed output from dcnexr2.
Handling the bzip compressed files is on our list of things to do.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me"    Roger Waters

  • Search the ldm-users archives: