Re: Upgrading LDM to 6.6.2

Arrgh...I just deleted by accident the email on why one should upgrade from 6.4.5 to 6.6.2. Answers:

1. It fixes the product date-stamp problem that apparently goes back beyond LDM 6.5.1 (but note, you MIGHT have to fix some things in your pqact file, as I did, when I upgraded...check the links to the posts I made yesterday for a full description of the reasoning and how to fix it).

2. Stopping and restarting the LDM after deleting the product queue now takes a much shorter time to do...

3. More stable (no, really, it is!). Outside of the date problem through 6.6.1, 6.6.2 has been rock solid. I had problems with 6.4X crashing on my machines. Queue corruptions have been zero for the first time with this version.

4. Improved product throughput and less load on my machines. The latest versions can handle really high volumes.

I run this in a production environment where very high levels of stability is demanded. Although yes, I do install the bleeding edge stuff, I figure it is more than worth my time to find bugs and swat them before they hit production as much as possible.

In short...Gilbert tested...mother approved. :-D

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: