Re: [netcdf-hdf] Problems with NETCDF libraries in UBUNTU

osman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to install the NETCDF libraries in my machine. Apparently the
> installation was successfully (after install everything it displays a
> message that said  "Congratulations! You have successfully installed
> netCDF! "). But, when I test the libraries with a simple script
> (simple_xy_wr.f90)  it sends me an error message:
>
>  /tmp/ccQ5wFc9.o: In function `prueba':
> /home/marisol/Documentos/prueba.f90:31: undefined reference to
> `__netcdf_MOD_nf90_create'
>
> The system is  Ubuntu running gfortran
>
> I set up the environment with:
>
> export CC='/usr/bin/gcc -Df2cFortran'
> export PERL='usr/bin/perl'
> export CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran'
> export CFLAGS='-O -fno-builtin'
>
> sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
>
> Any help appreciated,

> Marisol

Howdy Marisol!

Firstly, did you run "make check"? And did it work?

If not, please do so.

Your problem is that your program is not finding the nf90_create
call. This could be because the build/install did not work properly. Or
it could be because you have not provided the correct -I, -L, and -l
options when you are compiling your program.

If "make check" works, then we know that the nf90_create function is
working, and the problem is in how your are compiling your programs.

Good luck!

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx