Re: [netcdf-porting] Porting NETCDF to SGI Altix XE240

NOTE: The netcdf-porting mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

"Arthur Mizzi" <amizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I'm trying to build Netcdf from scratch and not sure if it's working.
After running ./configure, I reviewed the Makefile and find stuff like
"build_triplet=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" I'm running Redhat linux
Enterprise Version 5 in 64-bit mode which is relatively new.  Does any
one know if the ./configure can handle that version of linux?  Also, the
SGI platform and the Intel compiler are for 64-bits.  I suspect I need a
64-bit flag for the gnu C/C++ compiler, should I do that by editing the
Makefile?

Arthur P. Mizzi, Ph.D., J.D., CCM
Environmental Scientist/Attorney
Walsh Environmental/Ecology & Environment, Inc.
4888 Pearl E. Circle, Suite 108
Boulder, Colorado 80301-2475
Phone:  303-443-3282
Fax:  303-443-0367
Mobile: 303-903-5544
E-Mail: amizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.walshenv.com or www.ene.com

No, don't edit the makefile, set the environment variables before
running configure, like this:

CC=gcc CFLAGS=-m32 ./configure --prefix=/somewhere

To see if it is working, run "make check"

If make check succeeds then everything is working. If not, it will
stop with an error message...

Thanks!

Ed
--