[netcdf-porting] avoiding MSC_EXTRA definition

NOTE: The netcdf-porting mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hello;

I have been able to write the LinkDef.h header file needed to generate a di=
ctionary using rootcint  (from CERN) in order to create a .so to include in=
ROOT. When I attempt to run the Ed H. test program I get an error=20

extern MSC_EXTRA int err.

Reading the netcdf.h header file, it seems that, if one wants a DLL, MSC_EX=
TERN and then EXTERNL are defined. I do NOT want MSC_EXTERN defined.

How do I stop that from happening? I tried a #ifndef __GNUC__ macro
but I need V2 (I eventually want to use AIA ANDI, built on netcdf V2) and i=
t appears that some other things depending on EXTERNL being defined are nee=
ded by all operating systems (warning above the CRAYMPP /* */).

Perhaps this is why Cygwin can not built the c++ interface? (Isnt the C++ i=
nterface dependent on V2 code?)

Where is creating a DLL defined? I reran configure with shared libraries as=
NO but still this code keeps being read. Why, using gcc, is an MSC variabl=
e created? Doesnt MSC mean Microsoft C?

Any help I can get with this will be greatly appreciated and of course ackn=
owledged in the final code.

Thank you.

  • Search the netcdf-porting archives: