RE: netCDF newsgroup suggestion...

We could take a vote to see if most prefer a newsgroup to a mail list.  I
suspect
there would be a significant number in each camp.  There is clearly no better
way
to do it and it just comes down to individual preference.  There is also no
reason
why we could not have both (which is the case for many newsgroups already) where
one site getting the news gateways the newsgroup out to a mailing list and
similarly
gateways input mail to Pnews.

So, as usual, I feel very strongly both ways.

Are there over a hundred people in the present mailing list who could swing a
vote in news.groups or do we go through an non-usenet route?