Re: netcdf and netscape webbrowser?

Dan Kelley writes:

> On unix, using netscape, what line should I add to my ~/.mailcap init
> file to make netscape (a web browser) run ncdump on the file?

I don't really know a good solution, but if you add the line

   application/x-netcdf            nc cdf

to your ~/.mime.types file and

   application/x-netcdf; ncdump -h %s

to your ~/.mailcap file

Then you will get *some* of the output in the STDOUT popup in netscape.

If you turn off the default behavior for handling STDOUT by adding the
line

netscape*useStdoutDialog:       False

to your ~/.Xdefaults file,

then ncdump will dump to the xterm where you fired off Netscape.

I hope someone had a better solution!
--
Rich Signell               |  rsignell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
U.S. Geological Survey     |  (508) 457-2229  |  FAX (508) 457-2310