Re: Incomplete file

> I have a job which bombed before the NCCLOS call could be made made.
> I know it wrote many records before bombing, and the file is very
> large, but an NCDUMP shows 0 records written.  Is there a way to
> "poke" a value into the header to allow me to access at least the
> data that already went to the file?  If so, would I subsequently be
> able to continue extending the file along the record dimension?

I remember running into the same problem once, and doing a hack to
save many years of a simulation.  What I did was to go back to the
netcdf source and disable the line which checked whether the requested
time range exceeded the value of the (unlimited) time dimension.
It was just a matter of commenting out 1 line, but I cannot really
remember where it was. It worked, though. It would be nice to have
a way of doing this through the API. Russ?

          Arlindo.

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx