Re: Incomplete file

I once hacked away at NetCDF headers for the purpose of writing
pure Java classes for NetCDF.  I seem to recall that the current value
of Unlimited occupies bytes 4-7, immediately following the magic number
"CDF/001".  i.e. the first eight bytes of a NetCDF file are

        byte #          0               4                       7
        contents        | "CDF" /001    | <unlimited dimension> |
                                                32-bit integer

--
   William Weibel                           weibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                                                                       -
  ... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived;
  this is to have succeeded.                    --Ralph Waldo Emerson