generate netcdf files from fortran programs

I'm new to netcdf and tried a lot without any success, so before giving
up, i hope anybody knows help. And that's my problem:

I'd like to generate netcdf files directly form a fortran 90 program
running under Win Nt in Digital Visual Fortran 6.0.
To do this, in a first step I tried compiling and linking netcdf.f90,
netcdf-test.f90 and type-sizes.f90, where compiling works fine but
linking always causes an errormessage  like   unresolved external symbol
nf_delete@4 ...

Does anybody know how to solve my problem, thanks for your help

Bernhard Loew-Baselli, Austria
a8805192@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx