Has anyone written a NetCDF CF convention file checker?

Dear all,

Here at the British Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC) we are adopting the CF
(Climate and Forecasts) Convention for our NetCDF files. We are thinking of
producing a piece of software to verify that any given file conforms to the
convention. However, one of you may already have produced this.

Do you know if anyone has produced a CF Convention file checker?

Kind regards,

Ag

Ag Stephens                           Ph : +44 (0)1235 446220
Data Scientist,                       Fax: +44 (0)1235 445848
British Atmospheric Data Centre,
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,
Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, U.K.
Email:   A.Stephens@xxxxxxxx           Web: www.badc.rl.ac.uk