[netcdfgroup] release of version 4.2 of the netCDF Fortran libraries...

Howdy all!

We are pleased to announce the release of version 4.2 of the netCDF
Fortran libraries.

The Fortran libraries include the Fortran 77 API (plus the legacy V2
Fortran 77 API), and the Fortran 90 API.

For the first time, the Fortran libraries are being released separately
from the netCDF C library. This separation will allow us to better serve
the needs of the Fortran community by eliminating unnecessary Fortran
library updates and reducing our maintenance costs by making our build
system(s) simpler.

Other than the separation from the C libraries, there are only very
minor changes to the Fortran libraries since the 4.1.3 release.

To obtain the release, and to learn more, see:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/release-notes-fortran-4.2.html

To build the netcdf-fortran libraries, the netCDF C library must already
be installed. Set the CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS/LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental
variables, if netCDF is not found in the default places.

Please send feedback to support-netcdf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks!

Ed
--