Re: [netcdfgroup] better to distribute data in netCDF-4/classic or netcdf-3?

Hi all:

The main problem between netcdf-4 and HDF5, IMO, are the different ways dimensions are handled. I have written a series of blog articles on this for the gory details:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/developer/en/entry/dimensions_scales

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/developer/en/entry/dimension_scale2

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/developer/en/entry/dimension_scales_part_3

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/developer/en/entry/netcdf4_shared_dimensions