[netcdfgroup] questions about how to install the stable netcdf software into my linux platforms

Hello netcdfgroup,

       Nowadays, I want to install netcdf into my linux platform open-suse11.2.
I find the source link in unidata
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/index.jsp , but I find there is
not only version C but version F, which both will be used by my future task.
and how can I get the installation software containing both those version and
how can I install the software if it is found? can you give me hand?

       BTW, why netcdf libraries is independent of netcdf source code? I must
install them separately ?

best regards,
yours ever
alex