Re: [netcdfgroup] Building netCDF 4.3.1-rc1 with parallel I/O support fails

Hello everybody!

> I have to explicitly give the location of the parallel hdf5 library,
> e.g.:
> >
> >         -DENABLE_PARALLEL=ON
> >         -DHDF5_LIB=/usr/lib64/openmpi/lib/libhdf5.so
> >         -DHDF5_HL_LIB=/usr/lib64/openmpi/lib/libhdf5_hl.so
> >         -DHDF5_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/openmpi-x86_64

That works, thanks a million!

> Would you mind sending the config.log and output from your build
> attempt with the configure script to support-netcdf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
> I'd like to take a look at them to see if we can figure out why it is
> failing to detect your libraries.
For sure! I'll do this when I am back from vacations.
Two more things I noticed:
 * CMake does not check for the m4 preprocessor
 * The INSTALL instruction for the 4.2 Fortran libraries are mentioning
the flag --enable-parallel. the configure script does not know this. It
hast the --enable-parallel-tests switch.

Cheers,
Stefan