Re: [netcdfgroup] Pure web app. to display netCDF files?

  • To: Charlie Zender <zender@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Pure web app. to display netCDF files?
  • From: "H. Joe Lee" <hyoklee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 08:48:02 -0500
Hi, Charlie!

Does the following URL [1] work on your Chromebook showing Google Earth?

If so, I think you (or your students) can write some JavaScript that

1) requests lat/lon/data from THREDDS/OPeNDAP in ASCII with constraint
expression
2) parse it and build KML using polygon drawing or place marker
3) run the code from [1]

I've played the above idea a little bit last night after seeing your
message with my Chrome but I could not confirm it with
Chromebook/ChromeOS.

Regards,

[1] https://code.google.com/apis/ajax/playground/?exp=earth#parse_kml

--