Re: [netcdfgroup] [Netcdf] Example of time units/values for generic months in climatological statistics?

  • To: James Adams - NOAA Affiliate <james.adams@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] [Netcdf] Example of time units/values for generic months in climatological statistics?
  • From: Clint Bowman <clint@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 08:29:27 -0700 (PDT)
James,

I think I would assign each to midnight on the first of each month of the current year, e.g., 2014-01-01 00:00:00, 2014-02-01 00:00:00,...

Easy to remember and keeps the months ordered in time-space. If your calibration period was in a different year, it may be advisable to use that year--you then could accommodate another calibration period in a different year without disrupting your database.

Clint

Clint Bowman                    INTERNET:       clint@xxxxxxxxxx
Air Quality Modeler             INTERNET:       clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Department of Ecology           VOICE:          (360) 407-6815
PO Box 47600                    FAX:            (360) 407-7534
Olympia, WA 98504-7600

        USPS:           PO Box 47600, Olympia, WA 98504-7600
        Parcels:        300 Desmond Drive, Lacey, WA 98503-1274