Re: [netcdfgroup] Write NetCDF to in file Memory C

  • To: Stephan Hoyer <shoyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Write NetCDF to in file Memory C
  • From: Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 09:41:35 -0600
The netCDF C library supports writing to a memory buffer with the diskless
option:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/workshops/most-recent/diskless/index.html

(this is exposed in the netCDF4 Python bindings and is documented as
experimental).

Unidata is working on the ability to read a netCDF file that already exists
in memory, with the goal of exposing it in the netCDF4 Python API. We just
started the conversation last week, but it's on our radar and looks very
doable, especially since it's already supported in the HDF5 layer.

Sean