Re: [netcdfgroup] read performance slow compared to netCDF on other systems

  • To: Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate <gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] read performance slow compared to netCDF on other systems
  • From: Liam Forbes <loforbes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 07:50:20 -0900
On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 3:30 AM, Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate <
gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you using the Cray-available NetCDF codes with modules or did you roll
> your own? Open a ticket for software with Cray and get some help getting
> the correct packages installed. My experience has been pretty good
> performance on our system.
>
> What Cray do you have?
>
> gerry

Gerry,

Yes, we're using the Cray NetCDF code. We're actually trying to get closer
to the Cray performance on our new cluster. Although your suggestion to
open a ticket with Cray makes me wonder if they would share how they built
their NetCDF.

--
Regards,
-liam

-There are uncountably more irrational fears than rational ones. -P. Dolan
Liam Forbes  loforbes@xxxxxxxxxx  ph: 907-450-8618 fax: 907-450-8601
UAF Research Computing Systems Senior HPC Engineer  LPIC1, CISSP