[netcdfgroup] nccopy and redirect - based authorization

Hello,
         Has anybody been able to use nccopy with redirect-based
authorization and download a netCDF file ? I am referring to this -
http://ncarrda.blogspot.in/2017/07/accessing-rda-opendap-endpoints-with.html
and I get a authorization failed error even though I have an appropriate
.netrc file as well as dodsrc file. Using standard python and netCDF python
I am able to read http request and response of metadata pages on RDA - it
is only nccopy that is failing. Does anybody have a working example of
nccopy with this redirect-based authorization ?

Best,
Ashwin.