Re: [thredds] nco as a web service

On Jul 1, 2012, at 9:34 PM, Gerry Creager wrote:

> Roy,
>
> That's a good explanation, and one I can live with. However, I also agree
> with Jeff's later comments, that A) in general, the same interpreter can
> handle GET and POST, and

On the server side yes, but on the client side, particularly when we want to
build the client into existing apps, not so simple.

> B) file uploads can't happen with a GET.
>

> And, most important: C) KISS is a good mantra.
>
> I'll sit back and listen to the debate again.

I view it as a discussion.  I am hoping to learn things about other approaches.
 Server-side functions are a very difficult problem when you really think about
them.  I am hoping that with the right discussion, it might be possible based
on what has already been done to identify a sweet-spot where things can move
forward without a ot of development.

-Roy

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst