Re: [thredds] nco as a web service

having taken a quick look at the WPS spec,
I think my main objection to it is its
verbosity. I realize that part of that comes from using
XML. However, a spec that takes 30+ tables to
describe the format is, in my opinion, way out of control.
I strongly prefer concise, even terse, and at least semi-formal
descriptions.

A specific request: does anyone have a RELAX-NG grammar
for the WPS spec, or any sort of grammar at all?

=Dennis Heimbigner
 Unidata

Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
Thanks for this  (and Rich's follow-up).    This is very interesting. And it
can be used as service, correct, not just from a web page?

Is it possible to see some (or all) of the WPS code? I know Eoin's group at ASA is working on using WPS in an implementation perhaps we can get them to chime in.

I can't promise any help at the moment (but am very interested)- we are already stretched
way beyond our capabilities and  are sort of going through an "institutional
existential crisis" as it were, but in this case it is real rather than
psychological.

BTW - I look at services based on how well they work and how easy they are to
use  (from the client side) not what adjectives are attached to them  (REST,
OGC, etc etc).  That is why I have always and keep pushing for working code,
not paper.   A lot of things that look good  on paper are dogs in practice.

-Roy