Re: CONDUIT grids getting later and later again

>All,
>
>06 UTC GFS didn't start coming in here until after 12 UTC this AM.
>It's just now finishing up at 14:31 UTC.
>
>I'd like to second Robert's suggestion from a few weeks ago that
>we back out of the 0.5 deg GFS data until we can resolve these
>speed issues.
>
>I haven't had time to even look at the 0.5 GFS data yet; is anyone
>using it?
>
>Pete

All...

Something definitely needs to be done.  The data feed is *VERY* unreliable,
and has been for a while.

I run automated nightly 84 hr CONUS forecasts using ETA/NAM 40km data.  The
run last night aborted after 54 hours because ETA/NAM data was available thru
only 54 hours when the run cycle started.

When CONDUIT was stable, I had no problems getting 84 hour forecasts every
night.  Now, I'm lucky to get 2 or 3 a week.

Can *SOMETHING* be done to stablize the data feed times, preferably to a
time schedule like they used to be?

        Kevin W. Thomas
        University of Oklahoma
        Norman, Oklahoma