Re: CONDUIT at NOC

Thanks Steve. We are still waiting on a new account to set this up on and then we can figure out access to UNIDATA and start some tests. One thing that was pointed out to me yesterday, the file names at the NOC will be different than what they are on the NWS servers. They will be the same as they are on FTPPRD. Will this cause the CONDUIT folks any difficulties?

Brent

Steve Chiswell wrote:

Brent and Paula,

I have ported the gribinsert code to the current LDM distribution
(tgsv32 is running an old LDM-6.0.10 version compiled for AIX here
since it didn't have compilers).

I ported the code to eliminate the use of the fortran routines,
and placed the distribution tarfile as:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/gribinsert/gribinsert-1.1.tar.gz

The tarfile can be downloaded into the LDMHOME directory (typically
~ldm), and unpacked with "gunzip -c gribinsert.tar.gz | tar xvf - ".
This will create a gribinsert-1.1 directory.

your ~ldm/ directory would then contain the ldm-6.4.5 (for instance)
directory, the gribinsert-1.1 directory, and the runtime/ links
that you create when you install the LDM. If you haven't done this
for the LDM, you will nbeed to do this to build gribinsert:

in LDMHOME.....
ln -s ldm-6.4.5 runtime
ln -s runtime/src src
ln -s runtime/include include
ln -s runtime/bin bin
ln -s runtime/lib lib

then build and install gribinsert with:
cd gribinsert-1.1
make all install

If sucessful, you will install gribinsert into runtime/bin,
and some grib2 tables into LDMHOME/etc.

That should get us to the point where we were with tgsv32.

If you have trouble building gribinsert, let me know as I had to
build this locally and send for Allan (Francis Yang) to install in the
past, so I didn't have a distribution tar file set up previously.

Thanks!

Steve