[CONDUIT #PGY-808322]: Upcoming NCEP CONDUIT maintenance

Hi Carissa,

re:
> In the next few minutes (around 1630Z) I will be stopped dataflow to the
> CONDUIT servers in boulder in preparation for them to be taken offline.

I thought that this was supposed to happen tomorrow:

 "The next round will be Jan 25-27. With this outage we know that our
  servers will be powered down and unavailable."

Today is the 24th.

re:
> I imagine if you haven't heard from your folks at that point they might
> come and find you to ask what happened to their data :)

I have heard back from PennState and UWisconsin; both have implemented
redundant feed REQEUST(s) as have we.

By the way, Pete Pokrandt at UWisconsin found a (slight?) problem:

  Posted on: 20140123.2057 MST
  Tom,

  I just noticed that starting with the 18 UTC 2014 01 22 GFS runs, there
  are two sets of data coming through. Could this be related to the
  startup and possibly different configuration of conduit.ncep.noaa.gov
  compared with the ncepldm machines?

  Short example from the GFS tonight - this is PMSL at 72 h.

  There is one 1 deg copy where the product name just starts with
  'data/nccf/...'

  Then there is a second copy of the 1 degree data where the product name
  starts with /home/ftp/pub/data/nccf/...

This is likely due to a (small?) change in how the data are being processed
on the conduit.ncep.noaa.gov cluster.  I am uncertain if this will be
problematical for the CONDUIT user community.

Ticket ID: PGY-808322
Department: Support CONDUIT