[CONDUIT #BFG-985357]: GFS TCDC entire atmosphere not available?

Hi Christian,

re:
> In the GFS files, I cannot find TCDC over the entire atmosphere. I can
> see CLD06 over several different layers, but not the entire atmosphere,
> for example in:
>
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/native/conduit/status/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs.2015021000/gfs.t00z.pgrb2.0p50.f018

Do you know that the TCDC field is part of the 0.5 degree GFS that
you can get using FTP from NCEP?

re:
> Also, is there documentation on the parameter codes such as CLD06,
> ... that we can see in the status lines? I am not sure about all the
> status parameters meaning and I could not find any table.

The product IDs created for CONDUIT GRIB2 messages are created by the
'gribinsert' package that is included in recent releases of the LDM.
The parts of the Product IDs created by 'gribinsert' like CLD06 come
from GEMPAK GRIB2 tables that are also included with the LDM for
use by 'gribinsert' and our NOAAPort ingest.  The GEMPAK GRIB2 files
associate short names like CLD06 with the discipline,category,product id,
and product definition template number.  We try to keep the GEMPAK
GRIB2 tables as up to date as possible (using the online NCEP WMO GRIB2
Documentation at http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/grib2/grib2_doc.shtml,
but the updates to the tables are only made when new releases of the LDM
are made available.

re:
> Thanks!

I hope the information above will be useful!

Ticket ID: BFG-985357
Department: Support CONDUIT