[Datastream #RCM-647732]: Question regarding some datasets availability at UNIDATA

Hi Sara,

First, I moved your inquiry into our Inquiry Tracking System so that
others in Unidata can see your question(s) and respond if they have
pertinent comments.

re:
> I am contacting you, since I've seen that you are enrolled in the working
> group named as "data distribution" of the UNIDATA Program Center webpage,
> and therefore I'm hoping that perhaps you could give me some
> help/guidance with the following subject:
>
> I am very interested in *gridded data set* for Europe, with the
> *representation
> of carbon and water cycle response to climate change* scenarios. I want to
> understand the impact or response of vegetation to climate changes as well
> as the CO2 fertilization effect, within the scope of a research that I am
> willing to conduct at my University.

OK.

re:
> The specific variables data that I am searching, are those present in the
> table below, which can be found at :
>
> http://mud.dkrz.de/projects-at-md/ensembles/output-variables/carbon-cycle-data-stream2-only/index.html

a couple of comments aer needed here:

- Unidata does not archive data

  The data we make available are mostly near real-time, which, for model
  output is typically on the order of current to 30 days old.

- I am not familiar with the specific products you are looking for,
  so I can not advise you on which model(s) output that we do have
  and make available would be best for you to explore.

  I would suggest that you post your inquiry to the address@hidden
  email list so that community members who might be familiar with the
  data you are looking for can send you information on where to find it

  NB: in order to post to any Unidata-maintained email list, one must first
  be subscribed to the email list.  Subscribing/unsubscribing to the
  email lists that we maintain is easily done online at the Unidata
  website:

Unidata HomePage
http://wwww.unidata.ucar.edu

  Support -> Mailing Lists
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/index.html#mailinglists

  Select the list(s) that you would like to subscribe under the
  Subscribe tab.

  You will be informed once you are subscribed to the list you want to
  post to.

The other resource that you should investigate is the U.S. National
Climactic Data Center (NCDC):

www.ncdc.noaa.gov/

I hope that the above information is useful to you!

Ticket ID: RCM-647732
Department: Support Datastream