19990203: NMC2 feed

>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

>Look as if UCAR/NCAR had a busy morning!  Anyway, amoung the other problems, t
> he
>NMC2 feed from flip is down.
>

>--
>Dr. Harry Edmon                        E-MAIL: address@hidden
>(206) 543-0547                 FAX:    (206) 543-0308
>Dept of Atmospheric Sciences
>University of Washington, Box 351640, Seattle, WA 98195-1640

After about the third power outage, the queue on flip was corrupt.
Its back this morning. I see data is actually flowing from
OSO/NCEP....Michael Mani has been working with the network people
there to try to fix problems they have been having with their dbnet system.
The internal delivery of the the data within NWS has been plaqued
by failures in the connections by dbnet to deliver the data from
their other computers to the computer which hosts LDM. RUC2 is coming
accross at this moment- it had been missing frequently for the past
week. Hopefully this means they have been making progress.

Steve Chiswell