thelma outage (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:05:36 -0700 (MST)
From: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden, address@hidden
Subject: thelma outage

Hiya,

This messge is for all the nodes feeding from thelma and sites interested
in the NOAAport outage yesterday at ~23:00 UTC yesterday.  There was a UPS
upgrade in the UCAR machine room that caused a power outage to all the
machines including thelma. UPC was unaware of this upgrade so no notice
was sent out. Currently, there are duplicate NOAAport feeds going to
thelma but that doesn't account for a thelma hardware failure.
Previously, I have configured iita.rap.ucar.edu as a failover for thelma.
I have now configured iita to receive the NOAAport feed also, therefore if
thelma is down failover to the iita machine.  This configuration should be
robust enough until we get more NOAAport downlinks working/configured.

Thanks,
RObb...