Re: your mail

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Dave Myers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here at Stony Brook we had been getting data delivery via satellite
> a long time back. We now have a workstation set up running GEMPAK and
> ldm software installed. We would like to be getting idd now. In the
> network topology we are still listed as getting our data fed from SUNY
> Albany. I imagine this would still be the case with idd.

Dave,

The first thing is to check your connect to SUNY, ie

% ldmping -i 5 -h redwood.atmos.albany.edu

If the results show reponding, then you need to put a request line in the
ldmd.conf file and restart the ldm.

REQUEST UNIDATA|FLS2 ".*" redwood.atmos.albany.edu

That should do the trick. If you changed the hostname then you will
need to contact SUNY and let them know the new name. I'll update the
online info here.

Robb...