Re: IDD fail over scheme

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, William H. Highlands wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> I have an e-mail from you dated Feb 3, 1999 in which you address a failover
> scheme for the NOAAport and LDM.  We are working on this piece of the
> NOAAport puzzle and need to know if there is some software we need  get in
> order to install the automatic backup scheme on our platform.

Bill,

The scheme is for the 3 current source nodes to feed each other all the
time. The LDM s/w detects product duplication so double products are not
sent out. At this time, UCAR/Unidata is set up to feed Alden as the
failover. The only configuration that needs to be done is for the
nport.alden.com machine to request data from UCAR. In the
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file add:

request WMO ".*" thelma.ucar.edu

The LDM needs to be stopped and started for this configuration to take
affect.

Currently, thelma receives NOAAport from the UCAR and the SSEC satellite
machines.

Robb...