19990305: Setting up LDM at SC.

>From: address@hidden (Greg Carbone)

>After an extended delay, we at the University of
>South Carolina, have set up the hardware and software
>necessary to receive weather data through UNIDATA.
>I need to get a login and password to do this.
>Can you help me?
>
>Greg Carbone
>Geography Department
>University of South Carolina
>Columbia, SC 29208
>
>address@hidden
>ph. 803-777-0682
>fax 803-777-4972

Greg,

You state above that you have installed the LDM. If you have not,
then the distribution is freely available at ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
under pub/ldm5. The login is anonymous. You do not need a login
and password to obtain this software.

If you have installed the LDM software, you need to send an email to
address@hidden requesting a feed site and providing the required
information regarding your LDM host as described at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmConfigInstallList.html

Once this information is received, Robb Kambic will find an upstream
site to feed your machine, and arrange with the upstream to allow
your machine to connect. Then he will pass the feed information to you
so that you can start receiving data via the IDD.

Steve Chiswell