19990421: 19990412: is ASOS data part of the unidata IDD flow?

Teresa,

We're out of our offices right now with the FUN thing- and
we've had our user committee meeting- so I haven't gotten back
to you sooner.

The FAA sites etc are in the metar stream, and we have perl decoder
that can convert the METAR into NetCDF. Also, we have a grib decoder for
converting NCEP model data into NetCDF files for using to calculate
the retrieval coefficients you would need. The standard IDD data stream
has 3 hourly NCEP output in a model called RUC (rapid update cycle/FSL).
I also have separate model data feeds with hourly RUC output if that
is necessary- its a lot of data, and can really tie up a machine.

I'll send you an output pf which stations in your list are in the
hourly data stream.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport