[IDV #ULD-739136]: issue with grib file opening

Greetings Ghansham,

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a quick fix that can be made to 3.0u2.
netCDF-Java 4.3 handels grib files in a very different way than netCDF-Java
4.2, and there are a number of things that need to be changed to get 4.3
fully working in the IDV. The IDV branch on github is simply the branch
where the IDV will build with the new netCDF-Java, but that does not mean
everything works correctly - it just builds.

As for the bounding box issue - we may be able to get that working, but
as I said in my previous message, I'm not entirely sure what you mean when
you say the IDV is showing the wrong Bounding Box - could you please send
us a little more information detailing which part of the IDV is showing you
the incorrect box? This may be easier to debug once we get a sample file.
Could you please tell us what you are seeing and what you expect to see?

Cheers,

Sean

Ticket ID: ULD-739136
Department: Support IDV