Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:58:59 -0700
From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: 19990114: Bug in ldm 5.0.6 with Debian Intel linux

>To: address@hidden
>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>
>Subject: Bug in ldm 5.0.6 with Debian Intel linux

In rpc/clnt_generic.c the call to "clnt_create" has the 2nd and 3rd arguments as
"u_long", but the system file /usr/include/rpc/clnt.h has them defined as
"u_int".  This causes a compilation error.

1. in generic_clnt the "const" needs to be removed from the 1st and 4th
parameters to clnt_create.

2. in configure, you need to look for /var/run/syslogd.pid (the script
looks  for /var/run/syslog.pid).

--
Dr. Harry Edmon                 E-MAIL: address@hidden
(206) 543-0547                  FAX:    (206) 543-0308