Re: 19990114: Feed type for Nexrad level 2 data

Harry:

We can definitely assign a feedtype for this.
Why don't you use 'NMC2' for now.
I think this will be the numeric value, and we will
give it a name later. Any ideas on a name? NEXRAD2?
RAWRADAR?

Once we give you a feedtype, there comes with it the
responsibility for the name space. It is important to
come up with a reasonable product naming convention.
Something like producttype/station/time.

The DIFAX and MCIDAS naming conventions are examples of
terrible, awful names spaces.

WMO ids are an example of a reasonable try, but have problems.
('space is a poor choice of delimiter. Supposedly has absolute
position dependence. Limited type space. Weird ordering of fields,
and so on.)

The FSL scheme is pretty good. They use '.' as a delimiter, which
collides with the regexp meta character and makes patterns difficult
to read.

The WSI scheme is good.

-glenn

-glenn